I am so excited to share with you my Mom’s famous Blueberry Buckle coffee cake recipe. It is the most moist delicious coffee cake you will ever taste. Each bite is filled with plump juicy blueberries bursting in your mouth. The whole cake is topped with a crunchy cinnamon streusel.
This by far is my most requested recipe… and I am so happy to pass along my Mother’s Recipe for Blueberry Buckle.
Happy Mother’s Day MOM!!!
TIP: If I do not have fresh blueberries, I use frozen blueberries. When using frozen blueberries, I usually toss them in 1 T of flour before folding into the cake batter.
- ¼ c. butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2c. flour
- 2 t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- 2c. blueberries
- 1 c milk
- TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ c sugar
- 1/3 c flour
- ½ t cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients alternating with the milk.
- Fold in the blueberries
- Pour batter into a prepared baking dish- 9×9 pan
- In a small bowl, add the topping ingredients.
- Mix together until it forms a crumb consistency. (I use my stand mixer with the whisk attachment to make the crumb topping)
- Sprinkle crumb topping on top of blueberry batter
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until you insert a toothpick in the center of the cake and it comes out clean.